About the Arizona Psychiatric Society
why belonging to your progressional organization is important
- APS is a strong voice in Arizona Legislature and at the state regulatory agencies - advocating for the profession and our patients.
- APS provides representation of psychiatry at the Arizona Medical Association.
- APS participates and provides leadership in coalitions with other mental health professionals, patient, and family groups in advocating for access to quality care, ending stigma and discrimination against patients and psychiatric treatments.
- Coalitions that APS participates in include the Interprofessional Behavioral Health Association of Arizona, the Arizona Coalition for Insurance Parity, and the Arizona Healthcare Advocacy Coalition. APS offers quality CME programs through scientific meetings.
- APS represents Arizona psychiatrists in matters before the American Psychiatric Association
- APS provides its members with the opportunity to have input and participation through committees positions of leadership.